Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The French Don't Horse Around

On my way home from watching Real Madrid destroy Olympique de Marseille 3-1 in UEFA cup action, I noticed an interesting ad on the métro. Unfortunately, without Maggie's camera I couldn't document it - but luckily I wasn't the only Paris blogger to find it interesting. David Leibovitz (one of our favorite food bloggers, who just happens to live in Paris) took the following picture of the same ad:



Interesting, indeed. Of course I had to check out the website, which features impassioned pleas from prominent 1950s sex-kitten and current super-right-wing-crazy-for-animals Brigitte Bardot (about whom there's an exhibition in Boulogne-Billancourt I'd love to see). Here's one of the ads that they must have decided not to put up in the métro:


But horse meat is a tradition here! I don't know what to think.

1 comment:

  1. Bonsoir Louis,

    We do horse around!

    If you came more often in my neighborhood, next to the Garde Républicaine's stables, you'd know why we can't eat horses: we need them as mounts for the police... ;-)

    http://nicolas.blog.lemonde.fr/2008/01/26/images-du-quinzieme-paris/
    (Yes, that's where all the horse poop in Le Marais's streets comes from)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis