My dear friend from high school, Margaret Stutt, is now the leading lady and brains/heart/soul behind the smash sensation Pezzettino. I have been listening to her bring the funk via accordion, xylophone, and vocals for the past few months through YouTube and Myspace. And now I am so happy to report that I will get to hear her live THIS SATURDAY at Cafe 929 at Berklee College of Music. [From their website: Static of the Gods, The Hollow Sound, Pezzettino. A Ryan's Smashing Life live show delivers remarkable music talent, straight from the celebrated music blog's digital pages to New England's finest live stages. This tradition of music exploration continues tonight at the Cafe 939 with three outstanding acts that promise to thoroughly entertain, reigniting your passion for exciting new music!]
Whoo hoo!
Pezzettino has a page on Facebook, can be followed on Twitter, and watched/heard on YouTube. Margaret seems to be a master of using social media to stay in touch with fans and find new ones. In my opinion, you should definitely become a fan - you won't regret it!
In fact, once you are done reading this you should go to the event page for her upcoming Boston show and RSVP that you'll be attending! Don't live in Boston? Check out her other tour dates at her Myspace page, and enjoy the sweet (and sometimes sizzling) sounds of this not-to-be missed talent.
Photo by Kevin Groen
Sooo... what does this have to do with Paris, you ask? Well, Margaret and I took French together in high school and one time she stabbed me in the hand with a pencil (she claims it was an accident). I still have the scar today. Ok - that's not really a connection to Paris, but I wanted to be sure that this story was aired before Margaret gets really famous.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.