Ever since we arrived in September, we've been seeing teens and twenty-somethings walking around in sweatshirts emblazoned with "Franklin & Marshall." First we thought that F&M had some huge study-abroad program, and that its dorm was in our neighborhood. It turns out that F&M does, in fact, have a program. But when we started seeing the hoodies everywhere, we decided that the people wearing them couldn't all be Americans.
We kept wanting to capture this curious phenomenon on film, but it wasn't until last week that I finally caught a break leaving the Conciergerie with my mom and Cathy:
I had myself a little Google and found this French website selling F&M apparel. But I don't believe everyone gets this stuff online, and I still don't understand why these sweatshirts are so popular. Any ideas?
I just stumbled upon this post via Facebook!! Franklin and Marshall is an extremely popular Italian company--they have stores all over Europe.
ReplyDeleteYou can check out their website at: www.franklinandmarshall.com.
They actually have a shout out to the college on their website (and F&M carried their merchandise for quite some time even though it's outrageously expensive). There was some licensing issues a few years back with their use of the name but I'm guessing the relationship is a good once since they use old yearbook photos in their catalogues.
Hope that solves part of the mystery...although I can't answer why it's so popular. :)