Thursday, January 28, 2010

Shh... don't tell Louis!

Louis turns 26 on Monday (February 1), so tomorrow is his last opportunity to get in free to the Louvre as part of their under-26-on-Friday-night Special.

Will he go? I don't know! But if he does you can be sure that he will chat up the jeunes ont la parole, or the young art and art history students stationed throughout the museum, ready to tell you all about their favorite pieces of art.

Here's a not-so-great taken-on-the-sly photo of Louis learning about French sculpture from two weeks ago:

Louis learning

I'm sure he'll explain to you all that the nice young woman explained to him. And you will understand it and you will enjoy it.

And here's another memorable photo of Louis at the Louvre, standing next to ... uh ... Louis, what are you standing next to?

Louis at the Louvre

As you can see, the Louvre is an endlessly fascinating place. Louis has an endlessly fascinating face. And his birthday is coming up soon, so don't forget!

1 comment:

  1. Just to set the record straight - usually the jeunes qui ont la parole chat ME up. I mosey up, study a painting or sculpture closely (as I am wont to do), and they just start talking to me. So what if I don't mind listening for 10-15 minutes while they explain the social context, aesthetic highlights, and reception of a piece of art?

    Also, anyone who's anyone knows my birthday is really June 26.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis