Wednesday, November 11, 2009

First French Haircut

I've now spent a total of 8 months of my life in France, but I've never gotten my haircut in the country. (All my previous trips were just long enough that I could "do without.") That changed Saturday morning, when I took the plunge and braved my first French barbershop. (Just like documenting a baby's first haircut, I thought it was important to document this "first.")

Here's what I looked like when I went in:



Unfortunately, you can't hear the Bollywood music playing in the background. As befits a Belleville barbershop, this one was run by South Asians. (Belleville's diversity never ceases to amaze me.) In fact, I'm not sure my barber spoke French. He certainly never asked how I wanted my hair cut - and I never offered, because I barely even know how to describe how I want my hair cut in English.

30 minutes and 7 euros later, here's how it turned out:



Maybe you've seen my television program - with all the make-up on, and with different lighting, I look slightly different:



Actually, I'm really pleased with the haircut - the part is only temporary, but the length is right, and you can't knock the price. In another two months, I'll be going back for more . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis