Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy Chanukah!

We couldn't wait for the holiday to start, so we actually bought each other our first presents Wednesday morning, during a tour of the various kitchen stores around St. Eustasche/Les Halles. (More on that soon.) Louis got me a Chef's knife (second year running!) and I got him - drumroll, please - a crêpe pan! And of course that meant we had to make crêpes, stat.



We filled our first homemade crêpes with dark chocolate and banana. Delish!



Tonight, to officially ring in the holiday, I cooked up a menorah from scratch, using a pan, some aluminum foil, a flour/salt/water dough, and tea lights (call me Mag-gyver).



Louis surprised me with more presents - I got a butter warmer! And Louis got (himself) a book.



We had to try out the butter-warmer by making crêpes again, this time with a special filling I'll post about later. (Hint: it starts with "q" and ends with "uince.")





Can't wait to see what the next 7 nights will bring! Happy Chanukah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis