Maggie learned about the American Library of Paris a few weeks ago, and while snooping around on their website I saw that they have a monthly book sale. The next one takes place on November 7th - the day after Maggie takes the GRE! - and we might check it out. Apparently, the American Library of Paris is the largest English-language lending library on the continent and has been around since 1920. Who knew??
To join the library you have to pay a membership fee. For students it's 75 euros, which is almost three times what I paid for a year's access to the BN. (Then again, the BN doesn't let me take out books. And I still haven't gotten over the fact that its music collection (books, scores, recordings, manuscripts, etc.) is spread out over five different locations. That is lame. Hey BN, if I paid more money to spend 9 months doing research at your various branches, could you put everything I need in one place? Thanks!)
The American Library of Paris is located at 10, rue du Général Camou, in the 7th arrondissement, and it's open Tuesday through Saturday, 10 AM through 7 PM.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.