Friday, October 2, 2009

Random Exhibitions at the Hotel de Ville

Twice during Robert's visit, we walked by the Hotel de Ville on our way to the métro, only to be distracted by various events taking place in the adjacent square.


The second time (for which I have no pictures), there was an exhibition of what the French call "handisports," or what we might call paralympic events: wheelchair tennis, fencing, bowling, and racing were just some of the activities going on. I think the idea was to get handisport athletes to show off their stuff, and also to give non-handisport athletes the opportunity to try something new - and maybe gain some empathy (however useless that may be for US Supreme Court nominees... sorry.) for differently-abled people.

The first time we walked by, there was a show of electric vehicles for Paris's "mobility" week. We saw some crazy thingamabobs:




I really, really, really hope this stuff takes off, despite how awkward it all looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis