Wednesday, September 16, 2009

If You're Craving Crêpes . . .

In the middle of an epic jaunt through Paris today, we stumbled upon a crêperie that more than deserves a blog post (and probably a medal).



The Crêperie de Josselin (14th arr., Métro Edgar Quinet), a wood-paneled, intimate, Breton-inspired restaurant, serves only crêpes (salé (savory) and sucré (sweet)). They have a 10-euro lunch menu that includes a crêpe complète (egg, cheese, ham), choice of dessert crêpe, and a drink (get the cider). This would be a deal even ignoring the fact that the cook - who is also the woman who has owned the place for 15 years - doubles over the already huge crêpe, which means you get twice as much food as you probably need. She was so friendly, and so skilled, I had to take her picture.



I could spend a lot of time describing the ambience and the food, but luckily someone else has already done the work for me. Suffice it to say, you should go here.

5 comments:

  1. They have better crepes in Philly. Still I would like to to go this place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will go with you, and watch you eat your words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not concerned. Philly has the best of every kind of food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I'm jealous. I think my favorite crepe is "buerre sucre"--simple but delicious! Sounds like you made a great find.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis