Sunday, May 23, 2010

Should We Stay Or Should We Go?

One sign it may be time to leave Paris: in the Parc des Buttes Chaumont today, we saw a mom encouraging her child to poop on the grass next to some bushes. She did not heed the message of the signs placed all over the city.

Je ramasse

This is much, much more disgusting than the several times we've witnessed parents educating their children in the joys and conveniences of public urination. Just gross.

On the other hand, we've had 5 days of gorgeous weather, which is helping us remember why we fell in love with Paris in the first place. There are things you do in fine weather that beat all the museums, tea rooms, and restaurants in Paris. Yesterday, for instance, we indulged in a cherished summertime ritual: savoring a cone of Berthillon glace on the banks of the Seine.

Fraise glace berthillonmelon et groseille glace berthillon
Ice Cream + Seine = Happiness

(The Paris) Life is good. Maybe we'll stick around after all.

3 comments:

  1. If I saw a mother encouraging her child to do that, I honestly don't know what I'd do. That takes the whole 'sophisticated parisian' image and turns it upside down a bit.

    Oh, and definitely stick around, you're in Paris for christ sake! Kiddie poop and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I see it all the time, it kinds of makes me angry though because my dog is not allowed in the park even if I scoop up his poop but children's poop seems ok !

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the Champs-Elysées yesterday, during the Nature Capitale festivities, we saw a mother holding her daughter over a sewer drain while the latter peed. On the CHAMPS-ELYSEES for goodness sake! There are stores everywhere with bathrooms! Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis